TRANSLATE

Wednesday, May 29, 2013

USA - Mesa Verde National Park

"A great concentration of ancestral Pueblo Indian dwellings, built from the 6th to the 12th century, can be found on the Mesa Verde plateau in south-west Colorado at an altitude of more than 2,600 m. Some 4,400 sites have been recorded, including villages built on the Mesa top. There are also imposing cliff dwellings, built of stone and comprising more than 100 rooms." -http://whc.unesco.org

Postcard 1
This seems a fascinating place indeed, Michelle...
Thank you so much for sharing with me this postcard given to you by a friend from Colorado! Special thanks for the nice stamp! =)

Postcard 2
"It is amazing how the villages, houses and buildings were carved out of rock in the cliffs of mountains...", shares Debbie.
Thank you so much Debbie for sharing this nice postcard with me! =)

1 comment:

FCpostcrossing said...

Hi Jan,

I am Francis from Oregon U.S.A.
I would love to help you with your US UNESCO sites - are there still some you need?

I am collecting postcards from all the countries in the world.

Please let me know if interested.
Thanks so much,
Francis

francis(dot)corbett(at)live(dot)com