TRANSLATE

Sunday, August 30, 2020

POLAND - Churches of Peace in Jawor and Świdnica

"The Churches of Peace in Jawor and Świdnica, the largest timber-framed religious buildings in Europe, were built in the former Silesia in the mid-17th century, amid the religious strife that followed the Peace of Westphalia. Constrained by the physical and political conditions, the Churches of Peace bear testimony to the quest for religious freedom and are a rare expression of Lutheran ideology in an idiom generally associated with the Catholic Church." -http://whc.unesco.org

Postcard 1
As always, thank you so much for sending me great cards
such as this, Boguslaw!

Postcard 2
Thank you so much for sharing with me this postcard, Krystyna!
It arrived too long because of the COVID-19 pandemic --- plenty of lockdowns.
Please comment below what is your postcard preference
so I can send back in return...

1 comment:

Krystyna B said...

I am glad that my cards are already with you.
I love cards: people and their life, traditional dresses, " People in Folklorics ", UNESCO.
Please visit my website:
https://pocztowkowezbiory.blogspot.com