"The Atlantic Forest South-East Reserves, in the states of Paraná and São Paulo, contain some of the best and most extensive examples of Atlantic forest in Brazil. The 25 protected areas that make up the site (some 470,000 ha in total) display the biological wealth and evolutionary history of the last remaining Atlantic forests. From mountains covered by dense forests, down to wetlands, coastal islands with isolated mountains and dunes, the area comprises a rich natural environment of great scenic beauty." -http://whc.unesco.org
"On the postcard you will see the Jureia Itatins Ecological Station,
one of the Atlantic Forest South-East Reserves.", shares Lucas.
Thank you so much for this card Lucas!
Though I received it damaged...
Special thanks for the cute stamps and the one depicting the 2014 FIFA World Cup!
25 Protected Stations
1. Jureia-Itatins Ecological Station
2. Chauas Ecological Station
3. Guaraquecaba Ecological Station
4. Ilha do Mel Ecological Station
5. Xitue Ecological Station
6. Guaraguacu Ecological Station
7. Superagui National Park
8. Pariquera - Abaixo State Park
9. Jacupiranga State Park (part of)
10. Ilha do Cardoso State Park
11. Carlos Botelho State Park
12. Pico do Marumbi State Park
13. Intervales State Park
14. Lauraceas State Park
15. Alto Ribeira Touristic State Park (PETAR)
16. Salto Morato Private Reserve
17. Serras do Cordeiro, Paratiu, Itapua e Itinga Wild Life Zone
18. Serras do Arrepiado e Tombador Wild Life Zone
19. Mangues Wild Life Zone
20. Serra do Itapitangui (e Mandira) Wild Life Zone
21. Ilhas oceanicas Wild Life Zone
22. Roberto E Lange Turistical Preservation Zone & State Park
23. Serra da Graciosa Turistical Preservation
24. Zone & State Park Pau Oco Turistical Preservation Zone & State Park
25. Ilha Comprida Wild Life Zone