TRANSLATE

Sunday, July 31, 2016

BARBADOS - Historic Bridgetown and its Garrison

"Historic Bridgetown and its Garrison, an outstanding example of British colonial architecture consisting of a well-preserved old town built in the 17th, 18th and 19th centuries, which testifies to the spread of Great Britain's Atlantic colonial empire. The property also includes a nearby military garrison which consists of numerous historic buildings. With its serpentine urban lay-out the property testifies to a different approach to colonial town-planning compared to the Spanish and Dutch colonial cities of the region which were built along a grid plan" -http://whc.unesco.org

Postcard 1

Center of Bridgetown


Thank you so much Sanjeev for my very first card of Barbados!
I am so happy to have this!


Postcard 2



Beautiful Barbados, indeed!
I'm sure you had a great time there, Jean Pierre!
Thank you so much for sharing with me a glimpse of your trip there!
And look at the stamp!
One of my favorite fruits! Avocado!
Avocados are also plenty here in the Philippines...

1 comment:

Travelling Postcard said...

I Recently received my first from Barbados too.
I have two more Unesco from Netherlands if you are interested:
- Amsterdam canals
- Defence Line of Amsterdam
my e-mail: globalpostcardjourney@gmail.com

greetings, Mike