TRANSLATE

Monday, March 18, 2019

JAPAN - Himeji-jo

"Himeji-jo is the finest surviving example of early 17th-century Japanese castle architecture, comprising 83 buildings with highly developed systems of defence and ingenious protection devices dating from the beginning of the Shogun period. It is a masterpiece of construction in wood, combining function with aesthetic appeal, both in its elegant appearance unified by the white plastered earthen walls and in the subtlety of the relationships between the building masses and the multiple roof layers." -http://whc.unesco.org

Postcard 1
Thank you so much Claus for this colorful postcard! =)

Postcard 2
This is a surprise postcard from Nina Suzette I got late last year...
My apologies for the late post, Nina...
My old laptop got broke late last year and I've been late in blogging since.
But I am trying to cope up now...
Thanks much Nina Suzette for this postcard!
I will send you a postcard back this week...
Best regards!

3 comments:

Nina said...

Hi Jan. I just received the Miniloc postcard you sent me. Thank you very much! I have been to Miniloc when I was younger so it's a sentimental card to me. Good to know your laptop is finally working again. I wish you best of luck with your blog!

Nina said...

Hi Jan! Great to know that you received the card I sent you last year! I had forgotten all about it until now. Thanks for the Miniloc Island postcard. I received it today. It brings back memories of being there many years ago. I wish you all the best with your blog!

Nina said...

Ah...I am sorry for the double comments (if I really posted two of them). Please delete the second one if ever. Thanks.